psa

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right

Happy (belated) New Year! I mentioned back in December that I had a really good feeling about 2013, a feeling I had never had about an upcoming year. Normally, my view on the new year was just "another day" but something inside of me told me this year was going to be different for me. I had no idea what, but I was very confident that this was going to ring true.

Well, here we are, only a few days into February, and already my life is about to change drastically. I just got promoted to HR Coordinator at the Westin! It's insane to me to think that I am actually going to be doing exactly what I went to college for! They say most people don't actually work in the field that they perused their degree in, but I can happily say I am not a part of that statistic. The day I went to my college orientation, I told my counselor I wanted to go into Human Resources. A lot of people scratch their head and wonder why HR, but I just think it fits my personality and I love the idea of working "behind the scenes" at a job. Being the glue that holds the organization together and helping to make it a great place to work. I think I have the kind of attitude that would make people excited to talk to HR, not scared, since it's seen as "The Principals Office" at most organizations. There are many downsides to the position, such as the disciplinary part of it, the public speaking, and just having to be very careful to be PC. I am going to have to strive hard to draw the line between friendship and work, because HR is a very confidential field. But I think if my job depends on it, I can succeed on drawing that line, even if it's my nature to get really close to the people I work with. At least I can be close with my fellow HR ladies at the hotel!

But the best part?! A set schedule, M-F, 8-5. I have never had a job like that. No more nights, weekends, holidays. I can actually, dare I say, have a LIFE! Let's not forget to mention the amazing raise and the extra 1,000 dollars a month. Woo!

Needless to say, I am scared as hell, and really hope I succeed at this job, but I am ready to dive in and start something new!

On another note for 2013, I also thought this would be the year that the Seahawks went to the Super Bowl, and although we we got close, it was a no go. Bummer about that, but I have a feeling this upcoming season will be the best yet and I am very confident that by December of this year, it will be very clear that we are on our way to the SB at this time next year :) I sure as hell hope I am right this time, because nothing would mean more to me than seeing my team hold that Lombardi trophy for the first time!

So here's to 2013 being the best yet! Let's cross every finger and toe!

No comments:

Post a Comment